Kicking Horse Mountain Resort Events
- This event has passed.
Helly Hansen Big Mountain Battle
Welcome to the Big Mountain Battle
Helly Hansen’s Big Mountain Battle is going into its 6th exciting season and we want to invite you to join in the fun and excitement. We want to take you to corners of the mountain you may not have been to for years, send you hiking up a climb you would have never thought to do, go searching in the woods for checkpoints, get tracked in real time by our friends at Flaik GPS and you get to do it all with your buddy or family member.
This is a team-based event, which is open to all ages/levels. Each team of 2 must get to all the checkpoints around the mountain in a 3 hour time period. Every team will be given a course map, team card and will be tracked by Flaik GPS. The top three teams who complete all checkpoints with the best times will receive awards, but the top team will win the biggest prize of all, see below:
THE GRAND PRIZE, $2,000 WORTH OF HELLY HANSEN!
The winning team of the Advanced Course will win $2,000 retail value of Helly Hansen gear, redeemable on the Helly Hansen website, and entry to the final Battle in the Bowls in Aspen/Snowmass.
Cost: $80 per team of 2 OR $40 per person.
NOTE: This fee does not include lift ticket, but there are discount tickets for competitors. If you do not have a seasons pass then you will be able to purchase a lift ticket for the event at a discounted rate of $75 + tax for Adults (19-64) and $63 + tax for Seniors, Students and Youth ($63 + tax)
There are 3 different categories:
- Advanced Course – This is an open category for the full course
- Intermediate Course – This course will be shorter than the Advanced course. Possible small hike, and less checkpoints
- Intermediate Course 12 and Under – This category will need to have at least one member of the team be 12 or under. This is perfect for a parent child team!
Competition Format and Rules:
- ALL PARTICIPANTS MUST WEAR A HELMET AND MUST HAVE AT REGISTRATION!
- Each team must complete the laid out course within the 3-hour time limit
- The course consists of hikes and finding checkpoints throughout the mountain
- Both Team members MUST stay together at all times
- Both Team members MUST come within a ski pole length to all checkpoints
- All Mountain Staff that participate should NOT be wearing their uniform and may NOT use any other lift line than general public and singles line
- Teams need to obtain everything on their Team Card (in any order) and get to the finish line as soon as they’re done
- If your team has not gotten everything and time has run out (it is 1pm) please just get to the finish line right away
- Do NOT go to the awards area without going to the finish line first to hand in your Flaik GPS device
- Teams have the option of going anywhere once the race starts.
- Teams will use regular lift lines (they may split up to take the singles line), standard lift line rules and courtesy apply
- ALL PARTICIPANTS MUST BE AT THE RACER MEETING NO LATER THAN 15 MINUTES PRIOR RACE START!