Kicking Horse Mountain Stats
At Kicking Horse, we’re proud to garner rave reviews for our incredible verticals, deep ‘champagne’ powder and a truly spectacular and unique terrain mix. With ridiculously long downhill runs, and the option to heli-ski, Kicking Horse is a place where the stories are almost too tall to believe.
The fourth highest vertical drop in North America, the raw ruggedness of our mountain, our amazing always-fresh powder, and the sheer beauty of our pristine scenery set Kicking Horse apart as one of the most exceptional ski resorts in British Columbia, hands down.
Below, you’ll find more stats and details about this amazing mountain and the incredible facts that set us apart. Use the box at the right to start planning your Kicking Horse vacation now or to make your reservations today!
1,260 metres (4,133 feet)
• Top of Kicking Horse: 2,450 metres (8,033 feet)
• Mid-Mountain: 1,722 metres (5,646 feet)
• Bottom of the lowest chair: 1,190 metres (3,900 feet)
• 120+ Runs
• Beginner – 20%
• Intermediate – 20%
• Advanced – 45%
• Expert – 15%
|INBOUND CHUTES: 85+|
|Lower Mountain||1,300 metres (4,263 feet)||252cm (100″)|
|Mid Mountain||1,722 metres (5,646 feet)||360cm (142″)|
|Alpine Snow Stations||2,150 metres (7,049 feet)||650cm (256″)|
|Summit Snow Stations||
2,450 metres (8,033 feet)
• Winter & Summer: Golden Eagle Express Gondola – 8-Passenger
Omega III Gondola cabin – length 3,413 metres (11, 266 feet),
Ride Time – 12 minutes.
• Winter & Summer: Catamount – 4-Passenger fixed grip chairlift
• Winter: Stairway to Heaven – 4-passenger fixed grip quad
• Winter: Pioneer – 2-Passenger fixed grip chairlift
• Winter: Pony Express surface lift