First Timer’s Guide To Kicking Horse Mountain Resort
Welcome to Kicking Horse Mountain Resort. It’s important to all of our resort staff that we’ve ensured from the time you’ve arrived, until the time you go home, you have had an amazing RCR experience!
Whether this is your first time visiting our mountain or you’ve loved it so much you had to return, the following tips from our mountain regulars will set you off on the right slope!
Ask an Expert
If you’re looking for the best runs, an abundance of resort history and/or you feel a little lost, hook-up with one of our Snow Hosts! They know everything and they’ll show you how to make the most of your day on the hill! Tours are offered everyday at 10am and 1pm; just meet up with your Snow Host under the Mountain Tours sign in the Gondola Plaza.
How to Dress
|Click here for Helly Hansen’s Guide on How to Dress for Winter.|
“Dress for the mountains!” Mountain weather can change significantly throughout the course of the day so always remember to dress warm!
Make sure you bring proper snow attire which can be defined as:
- Ski/Riding Pants
- Ski/Riding Jackets
- Under Garment
- Extra Socks
- Neck Gator
- Personal Ski Locks
When choosing equipment let an experienced Sales Agent help you select a line of entry-level equipment.
Or better yet get a Mid-Performance or Premium rental package that includes your rental gear, a helmet and your lift ticket! Our Performance Rental Centre expert staff will get you outfitted and on the slopes in no time!
Once you’ve got your gear head over to our Telus Winter Sports School where our professional instructors will give you the skills to make your way down the mountain safely and in style! Choose a private lesson for one-on-one instruction or a group lesson for cost saving and camaraderie. The Canadian Ski Alliance and Canadian Association for Snowboard Instructors have standardized teaching methods nationally, so the instruction will be the same wherever you go.
Must Do Runs
You can’t visit Kicking Horse Mountain Resort without skiing or riding our local’s favourite runs. Make sure you check out the following runs before you leave our resort:
- Cloud Nine (37)
- Sluiceway (33)
- Show Off (30)
- Kicking Horse (21)
- Grizzly Paw (18)
- Wolverine (13)
- Beaver Tail (4)
Must Eat Food
You gotta try our local’s favourite eats:
- Daily homemade cinnamon buns, muffins, cookies, cakes and scones at the Whitetooth Grill, Slopeside Cafe and Heaven’s Door Yurt
- Wild Boar Poutine and Elk Burger at the Eagle’s Eye Restaurant
- Pho Bar $7.95 at the Whitetooth Grill — vegan, healthy, delicious!
- Goat Cheese Bison Meatballs at Corks Restaurant and Wine Bar
- Daily homemade soups, stews and chilis at the Whitetooth Grill
- *Plus – $5 golden pints (Kokanee Gold) at the Whitetooth Grill all day long!
Did You Know?
Kicking Horse Mountain Resort has the following services:
- Childcare service with certified professional staff
- Eight places to enjoy a meal and beverage on mountain including the mountain top Eagle’s Eye Restaurant at 7700 ft
- Day Lockers available for a charge
- Outdoor ice skating rink with fire pit
- Kicking Horse Mountain Sports retail store and General Store for all your shopping needs
- Mid-Mountain Yurt where you can stop for a snack and hot beverage
- Telus Winter Sports School
- Discovery Centre for those looking for their dream home
- Nordic and Snowshoe trails