Wrangle the “Shoot”
Wrangle the “Shoot” presented by Helly Hansen
We can’t get together and shred our 2* and 4* venues this year, but we can still celebrate freeride in the spirit of Wrangle The Chute!
You are all invited to show what you’ve got from your home resort. Put together up to 60 seconds of your best big mountain, big air and all around fun and loose vibes. For some inspiration check out this video of the original Wrangle The Chute (pre-FWQ) https://youtu.be/hd3kP87Wk8w.
Your submission will be judged based on the following categories:
Big Mountain 60%- The biggest, best and most bracing line choice
Big Air/ Terrain 40% Park- Find/Build a massive jump and hit it
Bonus Rodeo 10%- Find some way to Cowboy up your video for a chance to score some bonus points.
The submission window is from March 15-29. Please send your edit to firstname.lastname@example.org. All participants must complete an online event waiver for their video to be entered which can be accessed here https://passes.skircr.com/waivers-special/signup.aspx?_ga=2.193178669.1005877501.1614815591-952692928.1608398794.
Your submission will have Kicking Horse and Helly Hansen branding added to it and then will be posted to our YouTube channel for all to see.
- Judging will take place from March 29- April 2 and be conducted by:
- Jeff Holden – Western Canada Freeride, IFSA Head Judge
- Brian Coles – Former IFSA Judge, Original Wrangle The Chute Event Coordinator
- Jessie Oatway – Local Snowboard Boss, KHMR Ambassador, Filmer, Original Wrangle The Chute competitor
- Public Vote- For the Wrangle Award we are going to put the judging in your hands. Check out all the entries on our YouTube Page and give a like to the video you believe should take the crown!
- Winners will be announced April 4. Categories will be
- Best Men’s Edit – $500
- Best Women’s Edit – $500
- Wrangled Award – Smith prize pack (few swag items) including 2 days skiing at KHMR with lunch at Eagle’s Eye Restaurant for 2021-22 winter season
We look forward to seeing the bangers you all put out.