The Cedars is a great opportunity to own a state-of-the-art semi-detached home in the heart of the Kicking Horse Mountain Resort. It represents an exciting opportunity to own an exclusive home with breathtaking views and easy access from the ski slopes.
• Eight 3 bedroom semi-detached homes with contemporary architecture & design
• Over 2600 square feet of living space
• Plus an attached garage of approx. 350 square feet
• Suites allowed
• Homes may be short term or long term rented
• All services, water, sewer, electrical, propane, telephone underground
REASONS TO BUY AT CEDARS
REASONS TO BUY AT CEDARS
• Best and latest in quality and design (mountain modern design).
• Highly energy efficient construction.
• Only 8 units (Phase 2) with the best views available.
• Great rental packages available which allow the owner to earn rental return when they are not using their unit but without any restriction on use.
WHY KICKING HORSE MOUNTAIN RESORT
• All season appeal – some of Canada’s finest Powder Skiing, the Kicking Horse River, superb Hiking and Biking opportunities & Championship golf
• Kicking Horse is the closest resort to Calgary and Edmonton that will offer a resort village and is just 90 minutes from Banff
• Excellent value for money – buy into an emerging resort in a mature market
Utility and Resort Association Charges
KHMR is putting in place all the necessary utilities for the successful functioning of the resort. The following charges are anticipated for Resort services:
WATER & SEWER
These charges are based on the number of bedrooms per Cedars home.
• three bedroom home from $108.00 per quarter
• three bedroom home from $149.42 per quarter
RESORT AMENITY COVENANT CHARGE
• Approx. $150/year for resort amenity services
Other Operating Costs
Each individual owner will be responsible for the cost of electricity, satellite or cablevision, telephone and propane used.
We have arranged financing through the Canadian financial institution listed below:
Home Loans Canada T: +1 866 749 2473
Payment Terms and Schedule
A refundable deposit of $2,500 is required to hold a Cedars home (conditional purchase)
10% of the purchase price will be payable 14 days after execution of the agreement of purchase and sale (minus any deposits already paid). An additional 10% of the purchase price will be payable 30 days prior to commencement of construction. 80% of the purchase price will be payable at the closing of the sale.
A BC licensed Lawyer is required to close the sale. PURE International recommends the following BC licensed lawyer:
Bruce McKenzie/Ewan & McKenzie
T: +1 250 344 5258
BC’s Property Transfer Tax is payable upon closing; 1% on the 1st $200,000 and 2% on the balance. Federal GST is payable upon the purchase of these homes, at closing. GST is assessed at 5% of the purchase price.
Costs of Ownership
Monthly Strata Fees – Payable to the Strata Corporation
All Cedars homes: $83
The monthly fees include payment for garbage removal, snow removal, landscaping, property management as well as a contribution towards a contingency reserve for future expenses.
Kicking Horse Mountain Resort (KHMR) is located within the Columbia Shuswap Regional District; the year 2013 mill rate is 4.70 ($4.70 per $1,000 of assessed value).