Kicking Horse Mountain Resort Controlled Recreation Area (CRA)
Resorts of the Canadian Rockies Inc. operates Kicking Horse Mountain Resort (KHMR), on both privately owned lands, and within a CRA.
A CRA license of occupation is the legal mechanism that gives the right to the Operator to control access and use by other persons within the defined boundaries of the CRA. Along with the license to occupy the CRA come the legal rights and responsibility of ownership.
The CRA enables the Operator to:
- Establish and delineate a recreation area boundary within the CRA and designate that boundary by notices, posted signs, fences or otherwise.
- Regulate and prohibit the access & entry of persons & vehicles to the CRA
- Control, prohibit and direct the movement and activities of persons and vehicles with the CRA, and:
- Take trespass action against persons who are in non-compliance with the above
Allowable Uses & Restrictions within Kicking Horse Mountain Resort CRA.
For your own safety, the following rules apply within the Kicking Horse Mountain Resort CRA:
- During published operating hours all users must purchase a valid lift ticket and abide by all rules and regulations as set out by Kicking Horse Mountain Resort.
- Non-motorized uses such as skiing, hiking and biking are prohibited within the CRA outside of published operating hours.
- Private motorized vehicles including snowmobiles, motorcycles, all-terrain vehicles, cars and trucks are not permitted within the Kicking Horse Mountain Resort CRA at any time. Persons entering this area for the purpose of motorized recreation will be considered trespassers within the Kicking Horse Mountain Resort CRA.
- Hunting, trapping, and shooting activities are also not permitted within the Kicking Horse Mountain Resort CRA.
- If you require access for business purposes, please contact the resort directly.